Tuesday, April 28, 2009
- 9 of me Warhol style self portrait
- Adobe Illustrator Excercise #1 - The Illustrator Toolbox
- Black and white photography
- Digital alphabet (if not already finished)
You should all have something to work on. If you don't, see me!
Friday, April 24, 2009
Look at www.MastersofPhotography.org, Wikipedia.org, or do a Google image search for photographs by Andy Warhol. Post answers to the following questions on your blog. This should be done by the end of the period.
1. In your words write a short bio of his photographic experience.
2. Who are some of the famous people or things he has photographed?
3.Post your favorite Warhol image to your blog.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
1. Elements and Principles examples
2. First Photoshop collage
3. Five completed Photoshop tutorial packets
4. Black and white photography answers
5. Annie Liebowitz answers
If you are not completed with all of the above, it needs to be finished by Friday, 4/24. If you are having trouble posting your pictures make sure I see them and check them off in my gradebook.
If you are done with all of the above, you should be working on your digital alphabet and/or your black and white photos. If you are also finished with these projects, see me and I will show you what we are working on next.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Look at www.MastersofPhotography.org, Wikipedia.org, or do a Google image search for photographs by Annie Leibovitz. Post answers to the following questions on your blog. This should be done by the end of the period Friday, 4/17!
1. In your words write a short bio of her photographic experience.
2. Who are some of the famous people she has photographed?
3.Post your favorite Leibovitz image to your blog.
Once you finish the questions, you can:
- Continue working on the five Photoshop tutorial packets if they are not yet finished
- Make sure you have answered the questions for black and white photography
- Work on the digital alphabet if you have your own digital camera or already have pictures ready to edit (Cameras will not be available for to be checked out today)
Monday, April 13, 2009
We'll be starting black and white photography this week. Read the following articles about cameras and film developing. Don't worry about color film, we'll only be developing black and white. Along with reading the articles, create a post in your blog answering the following questions.
- What are the three basic elements of a camera?
- What is an SLR camera?
- What is the purpose of a camera's aperture?
- What does shutter speed on a camera control?
- To get the right exposure for a picture, what three things must be balanced?
- To take pictures outside on a very sunny day, would you use a high or low film speed? Why?
- What are the four steps for developing black and white film?
- What things are needed to make a black and white print?
- For a black and white print, the final image is actually what material?
- Make sure I can see your blog! There are still quite a few of you who have nothing in the grade book because I can't access your blog.
- Finish five Photoshop tutorials.
- Begin working on either your digital alphabet project or black and white photography questions posted above.
- Pay your $10 lab fee if you haven't already.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Keep working on the 5 photoshop tutorials, they should all be finished by the end of next week. (After spring break)
GET IN YOUR LAB $10 FEE
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
- Over to the right of this page, find your name under "Followers". Click on settings and make sure you are set as following with with Blogger account
- Finish up the principles and elements of art worksheet.
- Continue working on your first Photoshop collage. If you finish it, post it to your blog.
- Begin working on the "Colorize a Photo" tutorial packet.